Hall Facilities and Rental Rates
The Owermoigne Village Hall is of traditional wooden construction recently refurbished with double glazing. The hall can accommodate 100 standing and up to 80 seated. The hall has a wooden stage with curtains and lighting. It is licenced for Music, Dancing and Stage Plays etc..
There is also a traditional Dorset Skittle Alley.
The hall is equipped with Broadband (Wifi) and an LED Projector (compatible with Windows / MAC via HDMI ). A small charge is made for use of the projector.
Practicalities and Creature Comforts
The Hall has 10 large and 15 small folding tables and 80 new chairs. There is a hearing loop system. The hall is centrally heated and the windows curtained. There is access for the disabled via a ramp at the side through wide double doors. Inside there is a wooden floor, ladies, gents and disabled toilet facilities. An area of the hall converts easily into a Skittle Alley. A projector screen is available for hirers to use.
The Hall has been re-roofed with special heat retaining material – it will now stay warmer during the winter months and cooler during the summer ones.
A recently re-fitted kitchen with serving hatch to the hall has sink, fridge, microwave, cooker, dishwasher and hot water boiler. Cups and saucers, small and large plates, cutlery and teapots are available for use.
For local residents and non-profit local organisations the rental is £6 per hour
Conditions of Hire
Other non-profit societies,clubs etc are charged at £7 per hour
Projector Hire – £5 / hire
Hire to commercial organisations or as a Polling Station at £15 per hour
Music events surcharge of £15 on top of hire to help towards cost of Music Licence
Please note that although the usual deposit is £40 it may be that at the discretion of the Management Committeet some bookings will be asked for a damage deposit of £250
- The named Hirer will be responsible during the period of hire for all the fabric and contents,including for damage however slight or change to the fabric. A returnable deposit will be taken against any damage which may occur during the hire and the full cost of any repair will be the responsibility of the Hirer.
- The Hirer will be responsible for the behaviour of all those using the Village Hall during the hire period.
- Car Parking must be supervised to avoid any obstruction to the access to the Village Hall or to the Cricket and Social Club or to Pollards Lane.
- The Village Hall may only be used for the purposes for which it has been hired and may not be sub-let.
- The Village Hall must notbe used for any unlawful purpose and alcohol can only be consumed with the written permission of the Village Hall Committee.
- No goods or equipment can be stored without prior consultation.
- It is the responsibility of the Hirer to obtain any licences required for the purpose of the hire.
- All local regulations made by outside bodies must be complied with, particularly those involving dancing and performances open to the general public and all events must finish by midnight (music must stop at 11.45pm).
- Any electrical and/or any other equipment brought on to the premises is the responsibility of the Hirer and is in no circumstances covered by the Village Hall’s insurance.
- The Village Hall is not registered for the purposes of a ‘food business’. Food may only be brought on to the premises on the day of the event and must be removed the same day. No food or drink can be stored on the premises except with consultation and written permission of the Committee.
- The Hirer may cancel any bookings with reasonable notice. Any charge or repayment will be at the discretion of the Committee. The full fee will be charged if no notice is given.
- The Hirer will be responsible for leaving the hall clean and tidy, locked and secure and leave contents where found. Particular care must be taken to leave heating and lighting as directed for the time of year. The Committee reserve the right to make a charge for cleaning, caretaking and unnecessary use of gas and electricity if the above are not satisfactory.
- No rubbish is to be left at the Village Hall. The Hirer must supply their own bags/sacks for rubbish removal.
- If the Village Hall is required by the Local Authority for use as a Polling Station for elections or referendums then the Committee reserves the right to cancel any booking already made with full refund of any monies taken.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances rendering the Village Hall unusable at any time, then the Committee will cancel and return any charges paid but cannot be held liable for any losses or damage whatsoever.
- All hirings must comply with the current regulations for Health & Safety, Child Protection and Equal Opportunities Policy as contained in the Appendix to the Village Hall Governing Document displayed on the noticeboard in the porch.
- To comply with Health & Safety and Food Hygiene Regulations animals and children are not allowed in the kitchen.
- The fridge, dishwasher and cooker must be left clean and empty.
- The Hirer must appoint a person to organise emergency evacuation of the Village Hall as per instructions posted in the Hall. This person is to be responsible for phoning the emergency services as necessary.
- Internal Emergency exit lights mustbe on at all times when the Village Hall is occupied. These must be turned off at the end of the hire period..